How To Make Cannabis Infused Olive Oil
Today we have a quick and easy recipe to infuse some olive oil with the power of cannabis – making for a versatile and worthwhile cooking ingredient.
Infusing oil with the buzz of cannabis can be a great way to make a quick and handy ingredient for all your cannabis cooking needs. Better yet, you can dropper the oil straight onto your food or in your mouth for that oh-so-special high.
The great thing about cannabis infused oil is that it is easy to make. All you need is:
30 grams of marijuana
3 1/2 cups of olive oil
A sieve and cheesecloth
1. Grind up your marijuana. The finer the marijuana is ground, the better it will be able to infuse its cannabinoid goodness into the oil.
2. Put the oil into a saucepan and bring it up to a simmer over a medium heat.
Important: do not let the oil come to a full boil, it is extremely dangerous and splashed bubbling oil will burn if it comes into contact with the skin. If you see large bubbles forming, turn down the heat immediately.
3. Put your cannabis into the oil and begin stirring.
4. Leave the mixture to cook for 2 hours, stirring regularly.
5. Take the pan off the heat and allow to cool.
6. Place your cheesecloth in a sieve and pour the cannabis oil through into another container.
7. Once you have poured all of the oil, pick up the cheesecloth and squeeze any excess oil out of it into the container - careful not to let any plant matter fall in.
There you go, you have now made some potent cannabis olive oil ready to use however you want. Of course, if this is too strong or too weak, then you can adjust the amount of cannabis sued to suit your needs. Make sure to store the oil in an airtight container in a dark and cool place. Enjoy!