Recipe: Cannabis-Infused Vegan Chocolate Cookies
We have put together a quick and easy recipe for making cannabis-infused chocolate cookies at home. Not only are they tasty, they are also vegan-friendly, so everyone can enjoy!
Everyone loves cookies, right? Well, the luxuriously rich chocolate sensations of these cookies are a precursor for the equally luxurious, mellow and delicious body high that follows. What’s more, they are vegan-friendly - so everyone can enjoy them!
They are excellent for easing tension from the body, and the recreational enthusiast will enjoy the cerebral boogie-woogie once these delightful treats have digested. However, these delightful chocolate cookies can be potent, and it is hard to stop at just one, so careful you don't put yourself in a couch lock!
Accompanied by your favourite beverage it is very easy to snack yourself into a blissful chocolate-fuelled, dayglow dream filled unconsciousness.
Note: this recipe requires cannabis-infused coconut oil. You can check out our recipe for making your own here.
- Prep time: 10 minutes
- Cook time: 12-15 minutes
- Dosage per cookie – roughly 10mg THC. This will vary depending on how strong you have made your cannabis-infused coconut oil. It is recommended you stick with this minimal dosing because these cookies are very moreish - it is impossible to eat only one.
- 2 Large sized bowls
- 25cm oven tray
- Oven tray sized piece of baking paper
- Wire cooling rack
- 140 ml cannabis infused coconut oil
- 1 cup of sugar
- ½ cup of almond milk
- ¼ cup of brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons of water
- 1 tablespoon of corn starch
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 2 cups of flour
- 250g of vegan chocolate bits
- 3 tablespoons of cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- We used some well-aged and decarboxylated Amnesia Haze for our coconut oil infusion.
- Pre-heat oven to 200C
- Warm canna-infused coconut oil until it is liquid. Please refrain from using a microwave. It will become liquid in a warm room.
- In one of the bowls mix the sugar, brown sugar, vanilla essence, almond milk, corn starch, water and canna-coconut oil and set aside.
- In the other bowl sift together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Slowly add the flour mixture to the oil combo and mix with your hands. Be sure to use your hands. Your body heat plays a role at this stage. Now the challenge is to not lick your hands clean.
- Mix in the chocolate bits. Make sure they are mixed evenly through.
- Line the baking tray with the baking paper.
- Roll dough into 12 balls and place on baking paper. Don't squish them down; they will spread to cookie size as they cook.
- Place in preheated oven and bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool and firm up on the tray before sliding onto a wire rack to cool completely.
You will make these time and again, after all, something this pleasant is worth endlessly repeating. Remember, cannabis edibles can take anywhere up to two hours to take effect; we know it can be hard to resist, but don’t eat too many before you know how strong they are. Enjoy!